Updated Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy 2023
When it comes to changing the name on the ticket, some flights make the process really messy and chaotic. It is not the case with Spirit Airlines because, with the right methods and steps, you can very quickly change the name on the ticket. Spirit Airlines Name Change policy helps you to do so. Now the question arises, how to change the name of Spirit Airlines? What is the process? What is the fee for changing a name on the Spirit Airlines ticket? The only answer to these questions is Spirit Airlines’ name change policy.
Let’s catch up with the answers to the questions in this article ahead. If you are uncomfortable with the article reading, contact us at our customer service helpline. We will try to cover every aspect of Spirit Airlines by changing the name on the ticket procedure.
What is Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy?
It is important to know about the Spirit Airlines name change policy before heading for the name change procedure. The policy will be applicable only if you follow specific rules. These rules are mandatory to follow for changing name procedures. The policy states as;
- If there are minor changes on your ticket, like a misspelled name, you can change it without paying any fee. You can also contact the Spirit Airlines reservation department for the name change on your ticket.
- You will need certain important documents or credentials for a name change process for any legal requirement. Spirit Airline’s relations department will help and allow you to make name changes within 7 days of departure.
- If changes regarding the information related to the passenger need to be made, contact the Spirit Airlines booking department, or you can simply drop an email regarding the issue on the official mail ID of Spirit Airlines.
Criteria for Spirit Airlines Name Change
- If you go as per the Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy, the economy flight tickets are non-refundable and non-changeable. You can do the modifications within 24 hours of departure.
- You are free to alter your tickets with a non-refundable ticket by paying the fee difference and change fee ranging from $0 to $400, depending on your travel route.
- Whereas you can go for a name change policy for refundable tickets.
- Get a detailed explanation on spirit airlines name change.
The passengers can sometimes alter their ticket names to correct minor errors. If the mistake is minute, the passenger can adjust their misspelled name. The passengers can refer to Spirit Airline Name Change Policy to change the misspelled name.
Spirit Airlines Change Name Policy offers that a traveler can make changes to their legal names. The reasons behind the legal name change process might be divorce, marriage, court cases, etc. All you need to do is to provide the documents supporting the reasons behind the legal name change process.
Required Documents as per Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy
Consider the passenger wanting to change their name based on the mentioned reasons. They can do it online, which requires no documentation. But there are a few situations in which the passengers must provide documents for Spirit Airlines Change Name policy. There are a few mandatory documents that you require for the name change process;
- Original marriage certificate.
- Court orders if facing any legal charges.
- Divorce decree.
- Supportive legal documents for a legal name change.
How to Change Name on Spirit Flight?
Passengers can change their names through various methods like online, offline, and via customer service based on their convenience. You can follow the steps for the proper conduct of Spirit Airlines Change Name Policy for various modes.
- You can use your web browser to access the Spirit Airlines website.
- Now on the top corner of the home page, select the ‘Manage My Booking’ button.
- Make your choice, and after this, enter the confirmation number you received from Spirit Airlines after the booking and the name that appears on your passport.
- Now select the ‘Edit My Booking’ option after your forthcoming trip.
- It is important to cross-check the details thoroughly that you entered for change in the naming process.
- Once the updates are done, Spirit Airlines will update its system.
- You can verify the most current information by refreshing the page and going back to the website.
If the passengers are not comfortable proceeding with the name change process through online mode, then they can go for customer helpline service. You can resolve the issue by directly calling the customer service helpline number of Spirit Airlines. The service provider will help you in changing the name on your ticket. All you need to do is follow the steps below when calling the customer service provider.
- Dial the toll-free number available on the Spirit Airlines website and then follow the instructions.
- Once you connect with the agent, provide him with the ticket details, like the PNR or E-ticket numbers. It is the vital information that is required to change the naming process.
- The agent will now ask you to share the corrections of the necessary details you want to make changes to.
- Mention the reasons for the changes you chose.
- Now provide him with the supporting document to change your name.
- Once you provide him with enough details, he will proceed with the change in name procedure.
- Last but not least, you will receive a confirmation mail from Spirit Airlines after the payment is made.
Instead of the online mode of changing the name, you are free to go for the offline method. You can change your first, middle, and last name online. The offline mode allows you to change your name at the airport. You can visit the airport for the offline process to Spirit Airlines Change Name Policy. The authorities will direct you to modify the passenger’s name or any ticket changes. There are various reasons for different travelers.
What is the Updated Spirit Name Change Fee 2023?
There are certain cases where Airlines don’t charge any fee for some changes on the tickets. It includes typo errors, legal changes, etc. There is no framework for the Spirit Airlines Change Name process when the Airlines apply charges. There are some changes experienced at the traveler’s personal information end, which are charges of $120. So it is essential to connect with the Spirit Airlines reservation department to improve your knowledge about the current costs.
- If you buy the tickets directly from the airline, you have to pay $225 for a name change process.
- The rebooking price after a request process is $250 for the complete process.
- The name change charges from various flight sections will cost $225.
- When the airline gives the authority to change the name, the fee is $175.
- The transfer of your ownership of the ticket will charge you $200.
- If you have some typing errors, the cost will be $150.
- The cost of changing flights from the ones headed to Europe is $250.
Spirit Airlines doesn’t allow any such practice. It is because such practices come under prohibition. There is no such practice as ticket transfer in Spirit Airlines. If you get trapped in such a situation, the only option is to cancel the booking. If you cancel the ticket within 24 hours of your departure time, you might get the entire refund of the ticket fare depending upon the Airline’s cancellation policy. You can go for the rebooking option in the spirit airlines manage booking tab, if not cancellation. It’s all your wish and choice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I change the passenger’s name on an airline ticket?
Spirit Airlines only allow passenger name change for specific fees. Passengers can cancel the tickets within 24 hours of departure.
2. How to avoid the Spirit flight change fee?
Passengers can change fees by changing the flight within 24 hours of booking. Beyond this, the passengers have to pay an extra fee.
3. What is Spirit Airline Name Change Policy?
The policy allows you to change or correct your personal details and other information. You can do it by following the steps of the policy.
4. How much does Spirit Airlines charge for a name change?
Spirit Airlines’ name change fees range from $120 to $250. The price variation mainly depends on the flight route and the mode of request.
5. What are the ways to process name change requests?
Spirit Airlines allow passengers to change the name on their flight tickets by calling the airline executive, at the official website, and visiting the airport desk.
6. Can I change my name on Spirit Ticket?
Yes, it is possible to change your name on Spirit AirAirlinesckets. There are three modes to change the name. The modes are online, offline, and via call. You can choose the best suited.
7. Can I correct my last name on the Spirit Ticket?
If your last name is incorrect or misspelled, then you can get it corrected through the Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy.
8. What are the documents required for the name change process?
- Original marriage certificate
- Original ID proof
- Divorce Decree
9. What are the eligible modifications you can make in your name on Delta Tickets?
Delta Airlines allow making corrections in the middle name, first name, and last name. However, you have to provide valid proof.