Have you booked a Delta Airlines ticket and now struggling due to some random mistakes in your name on it? No problem. Here, everything is given about Delta Airlines name change policy.
How to Change a Name on Delta Airlines Tickets?
There are a few simple steps to follow and you will get your name changed on your tickets.
Name Change Through Website
- Visit Delta Airlines’ official website.
- Select on manage my ticket bar.
- Enter your name, id, and PNR.
- Select the ticket in which changes are to be done.
- Click on the edit option, you will be then provided with a few guidelines, and make the changes.
- Confirm the changes and you will get an updated ticket on the registered e-mail id.
Name Change Through a Call
Delta Airlines offers you to make changes to your name through a simple calling procedure. Just a few easy steps to be followed, such as;
- +1-844-673-0381 is the customer care number for Delta Airlines name change.
- Make a call on this number.
- Enter your six-digit Delta PNR number.
- Request for changes in the characters.
- The artificial agent may ask for your government-issued photo identity and a softcopy of your passport for verification by sending mail to the registered mail id.
- Confirm the changes.
- It will then ask for some charges for making the changes.
- Make the payment and you will receive an updated ticket on your registered e-mail id.
Charges for Delta Airlines Name Change
- It doesn’t charge much for making changes in a Delta Airlines ticket.
- It charges $80-$500.
- The variation in the charges depends on:
- Type of changes you are making
- Ticket type passenger is holding
- Reason for the change.
Now, as you know how to make the changes. Let’s look at the reasons that may instigate you for a change in your name on the tickets.
Types of Delta Airlines Name Change
1. Middle Name Correction
In such a scenario if you need just a minor change in your middle name, due to a spelling error, or remove it, there are a few things to be taken into consideration.
The changes are needed to be changed in the PNR.
Attach the OSI text with the PNR.
Request for correction in your name.
If you are looking only to make changes in your middle name then there is no need for a Wavier Code.
2. Last Name Correction
Delta Airlines allows you to make changes to your last name only up to three characters.
If you require more changes to be done, in that case, you have to contact the Global Sales Support team and seek help.
After that, you have to make the corrections in your PNR.
There is no need to provide a Waiver code even here.
3. Addition in Last Name
Delta Airlines permits passengers to make addition in their last names without canceling or rebooking their tickets.
Just make the required changes to your name in the PNR
4. Last Name and First Name Switch
If by mistake you have entered your last name in first’s place, and the first name in last’s place then it is not going to create such issues while you are traveling. But if you still want to make the changes then you can.
Now the question that arises here is…
Transfer of Ticket to someone else
Delta Airlines does not allow you to change your entire name after booking a ticket. Therefore, the transfer of tickets to someone else is not possible with Delta Airlines. You have to cancel your ticket and book a fresh one for another person. This may ask for some cancelation free if not eligible for a full return.
Can you change the passenger name on Delta?
Yes, Delta Airlines gives you some limited changes to be made. For detailed information, kindly go through the above-mentioned heading.
What happens if you forget to put your middle name on an airline ticket?
There won’t be such issues if you forget to mention your middle name while booking your tickets as long as you have government-issued identity proof and other details matching it. Also, middle names are optional.
Do airlines check birth dates?
Yes, each airline including the security team at the airport checks passengers’ DOB for verification with the government-issued identity. In case they do not match, your travel may be delayed or even canceled.
Is a waiver code necessary for a name correction?
No, there is no need for a Waiver code for minor changes in your Delta Airlines ticket.
Can I change my name on Delta Airlines’ international ticket?
Yes, regardless of domestic or international tickets, a Delta Airlines passenger is free to make some limited no. of changes in their name on the tickets.
We hope you are now clear with all your doubts related to the Delta Airlines name Change.