You must have come across a situation where you have a flight to board the next day, and suddenly you realize that your name on the ticket is misspelled. The anxiety that hits is surely not an easy thing to explain. Some airlines create complications for you in such a situation. But this is different if you book a flight ticket with Lufthansa Airlines. The name change situation can easily be resolved under Lufthansa Airlines Name Change policy offered by the airline. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps and make the respective changes to your ticket. The article will cover almost every aspect of Lufthansa Airlines and its offered policies for travelers.
Lufthansa Airlines’ Name Change Policy: Essential Guidelines
To make respective changes to your ticket, you need to make efforts for it. You might find it chaotic, but following the guidelines can be done smoothly. Also, you can proceed with changes by paying the name change fee and ensuring the policy requirements.
- A ticket should issue an LH document.
- The passenger must possess an LH flight number, and the flight should be an operational flight of Lufthansa Airlines.
- Only a single correction is allowed on Lufthansa tickets.
- Swapping of the passengers’ names doesn’t come under the Lufthansa Airlines name change policy.
- Lufthansa Airlines Name Correction Policy applies only to individual bookings.
- The Lufthansa Airlines Name change process for group tickets depends on the contract.
- The name change policy for Lufthansa Airlines tickets is not permitted in mixed PNR, including flight segments from different airlines.
The policy states some conditions that the passengers need to ensure that they are following them. All the requirements must be followed for the smooth conduct of the name change or any alternative issue related to your Lufthansa tickets.
- The passengers can make a maximum of two corrections or changes, either in the middle, first, or last name.
- Passengers can add up to two characters by adding or removing the middle name from their complete name through this policy.
- If you legally underwent a name change process due to divorce, marriage, or adoption, you must show the legal documents for proof.
- The airline allows one correction per ticket.
- You can make changes to group travel tickets until the tickets are issued. It will be free of charge.
- Change in the legal name is for free on Lufthansa Airlines despite the ticket being already issued.
- You have no permission to add, remove, or correct suffixes and prefixes in your name.
- Whatever name change you make must resemble the government-authorized ID proof and passport.
- If the booking was made via a third-party travel agency, you must contact the agency for the name change process instead of contacting the airline.
- Lufthansa Airlines Name Correction Policy does not allow the name change if the PNR includes the passenger’s frequent flyer code. It cannot be deleted, and passengers have to go for a new reservation.
- Passengers cannot swap names from one person to another on a Lufthansa Airlines ticket.
- You can not go through the name change process if you purchase the ticket on the same day as of departure day.
- Once the changes are made, the airline will issue a new ticket and confirmation to the passenger.
There are a few scenarios that show you require to undergo a name change procedure for Lufthansa Airlines. You can proceed with the following process through the Lufthansa Airlines name change policy. Here you will address the criteria leading to the name change process.
- If a name change request is made, the agent you booked with must ensure PNR sync between Lufthansa and GDS system. The agent can alter the PNR and reissue the correct ticket with a fee of $200 to the traveler.
- When there is a major correction to be made on the PNR sync, it should be automated. In such a scenario, you have to contact the Lufthansa Airlines. They will reissue you the changed ticket at a name change fee of $200.
- If the PNR is generated, then you will need a new PNR. The changes should be done in time, and the class type & fare should remain the same. You can reissue the ticket with the corrections.
- According to Lufthansa Airlines Name Change Policy, changing the name will only be possible if there is a frequent flyer code in the PNR. Therefore, cancel the PNR and create a new one.
- If the flight is a mix of other airlines, create a new PNR to avoid issues. Cancel the flight and rebook it with an applicable fare difference for charges of $200.
Different Types of Name Changes Permitted by Lufthansa Airlines
There a few types of name changes aspects that Lufthansa Airlines allows its passengers to move ahead. From shifting or swapping or even fixing the spellings, the airline allows the following name changes on its flight tickets.
Correcting the spellings in the first, middle, and last name comes under a minor name change process. As per the Lufthansa Airlines Name Change Policy, passengers can change their name up to two characters only for free.
Suppose your name has been changed since the day you made your bookings. Name changes due to divorce, marriage, adoption, or any other legal change will be permitted to proceed on Lufthansa Airlines. The Airlines might take a long time to go through the provided documents for a legal name change process. The procedure will be lengthy as a whole.
Under the Lufthansa Airlines Name Correction Policy, passengers cannot add or remove prefixes and suffixes in their names. Suffixes and prefixes like Sr. or Jr. are not allowed.
During the booking process, it is not at all common for passengers to enter their first and last names in place. These types of errors can be fixed free of cost.
All these above-mentioned name change details should match the passengers’ government-approved ID cards and passports.
How can I proceed with the name change on the Lufthansa Airline ticket? This will be the exact doubt that must have bothered you to date. But to your well-being, Lufthansa Airlines provides you with endless opportunities to move ahead in the respective process. On the whole, the airline gives you three modes through which you can follow up with Lufthansa Airlines’ name change policy. The three modes are Online, Offline modes, and Via phone calls (Customer service providers). You can choose the one best suits your needs.
In this mode, the airline accepts the corrections on the online platform. For this, you need to log in with your credential details to the airline’s official website. Refer to the booking details for accuracy while logging in. For the respective procedure, you need to go through the following steps.
- First, you have to visit the Lufthansa Airlines official website of the Airline.
- Now, search and go for the ‘Manage My Booking’ tab present on the home page.
- Move ahead and enter the booking number along with the family name.
- You will get to see a list of flights if you click on the ‘Get Flights’ tab.
- Select the booking for which you want to make changes in your name.
- If you are eligible, you have to pay the service fee.
- Once done, you will receive a confirmation mail on your mail ID with which you made the booking.
Some passengers are uncomfortable using online mode to make required changes to their booking. If this is the situation with you, then proceed with the offline mode. To move ahead in the respective mode, you need to go by the following steps at the airline’s counter at the airport.
- Reach the airport in time so that you can enjoy the airline’s customer service assistance.
- Contact the staff members available at your service’s counter and convey your name change issue on the ticket to them. Request them to proceed in resolving the issue.
- You have to share all the flight-related details like reference ID, ticket number, flight name, etc.
- Once the agent finds out about the booking, share the name change issue you want them to resolve.
- Address them with a valid reason regarding the name change issue.
- To request the name change process, provide the service providers with legal and travel documents.
- Proceed to pay the applicable name change fee with the fare difference.
You can even connect with the customer service agent through the toll-free helpline number of Lufthansa Airlines for the name change procedure. Follow the below steps to move ahead in the respective mode.
- You need to keep a few things, like the booking reference number and ticket confirmation number, handy while talking to the agent.
- The passengers can also get assistance related to issues like flight cancellations, flight confirmation, minor policies, etc.
- Therefore, you can connect with the customer service provider through the toll-free official helpline number of the airline, i.e.,1800 102 5838
You can choose the best suitable mode to move ahead for Lufthansa Airlines Name Change process.
Lufthansa Airlines Name Change Fee
There will be no fees applied if the name correction on the ticket is done within 24 hours of departure time. Before issuance of a ticket, you have the liberty to make as many changes as you want for free. The name change fee of Lufthansa Airlines includes fare difference, and it ranges from $100 to $250. So all you need to do is make sure you haven’t issued the ticket for making corrections without paying any fee. The only fee you will pay depends on the fare difference.
It is observed that passengers need clarification in the name of correction or name change by changing the name with another person. You need to understand that Lufthansa Airline doesn’t allow ticket transfer from one person to another, i.e., no swapping of names. This is because it may lead to the boarding of phony passengers, which might be risky for other passengers. The airline doesn’t play with the security of the passengers. If you want another passenger’s travel, you must first cancel the ticket completely and entirely. Now book a new flight ticket for the respective passenger.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can go for the name change process very easily on Lufthansa Airlines. It can be for free if you do the corrections before the ticket gets issuance. If the correction happens after the issuance of the ticket, then you have to pay the respective name change fee, i.e., $100.
If you made your booking with a travel agent, then you need to contact the agent directly. Try to get the assistance from the airline itself. The name change fee will vary between the agent’s fee and the one offered by the airline.
The documents you need to possess before moving ahead with Lufthansa Airlines’ name change policy.
- Government-issued ID proof or passport.
- Legal documents like divorce agreements, marriage certificates, and travel documents.
- Passport and VISA.
- Name change request receipt.
To change your name on Miles and more accounts, you have to send the official document issued by a public authority showcasing your old and new name. This will help the airline in making the required changes to your profile.
For customer service support, you can contact Lufthansa Airlines via their official toll-free helpline number, i.e., (800) 645 3880. The agents will provide you with the best assistance.
Yes, United Airlines and Lufthansa Airlines are codeshare partners. Both these airlines operate, market, and sell flights for each other. These are the members of Star Alliance.