One of the most common issues passengers usually need help with is minor and major name spelling errors. Qatar Airways is strict when it comes to such segments. There are some specific provisions that allow passengers to proceed with name changes or corrections on their tickets. These corrections can be made under Qatar Airways Name Change Policy. It is important to ensure that you comply with the rules and regulations of the airline. Make sure that you respect the decorum of the Qatar Airways name change process. To follow up with the terms and conditions offered by Qatar Airways, keep up with the article.
Before jumping directly into name changing process, it is best to go through the policy Qatar Airways offer thoroughly. Here you will get to know about the guidelines offered under the policy. The answer to all your questions is here in the policy.
- If your ticket booking is made under the reserved PPF privilege club, you are ineligible to proceed with name changing process.
- You cannot transfer your ticket to another person’s name. Qatar Airways does not allow it.
- The passenger requesting a name change on the ticket will have to pay a name change fee and the ticket fee after reissuance of the ticket.
- If the passenger book a flight with a codeshare or interline airline of Qatar Airways, there will be no access to the name change process. Due to fare regulations on various airlines, the new PNR will be reissued for the same class.
- After making the name correction request passengers can look for the new seat selection.
- The policy helps you in receiving a refund for the ticket. All you need to do is cancel the previous ticket to get a new issuance.
There are two main types of name changes that are eligible under Qatar Airways Name Change Policy. The type of changes varies on the basis of before issuance of ticket and after issuance of the ticket. Let’s discuss each type here.
If the ticket issuance is yet to be made, then the following changes will be permissible. Let’s see the various changes that the heading covers.
- The passengers can correct only three characters in a whole in the first and middle names.
- Characters and titles of passengers will count under the character correction limit.
- You cannot add, change, or delete the Date of Birth or PTCs under Qatar Airways Name Change Policy.
- Misspelled characters in the name can be easily corrected under Qatar Airways Name Change policy.
- If you want to go for more than three corrections, you can contact QR offices for follow-up instructions.
- Transposed name can be made if the name is written the other way around. For example: ‘Malti Marie’ is written as ‘Marie Malti’; you can interchange the alignment if not written aptly.
- Removal of prefixes that as Mr., Dr., and Mrs. qualifies the correction policy.
If the ticket is issued under Change Passenger Name On Qatar Airways, you can proceed with the following corrections. You can go as per the rules offered by the airline.
- Make sure that you get in touch with the QR office for apt assistance with name corrections, addition, modification, or deletion for infant tickets PNRs.
- Once the ticket issuance is done, you have to possess a legal certificate for a legal name change, i.e., surname, middle name, title, and all the other things.
To move ahead in the name change process on Qatar Airways, there are two methods to follow up with. The first method is Online mode, and the other one is Offline mode. Here you can opt for the best suitable mode for changing your name on Qatar Airways. Both modes follow the Qatar Airways Name Change Policy. Therefore, Qatar Airways’ name change process is as follows:
To proceed with online mode to undergo name corrections after the ticket is issued or not issued, you need to follow some steps:
- First, visit the official website of Qatar Airways, qatarairways.com, and then click on the ‘Manage Booking’ option available on the homepage.
- After this, enter the 6-digit number reference number or 13-digit ticket number with the last name of the passenger. Click the ‘continue’ option once you finish entering the number.
- If you retrieve your booking, then it’s time to click on the name correction tab. Now click on the name of the person who needs correction in the first and middle name. The correction should be of up to three characters only.
- Enter the correct name referring to the government ID proof you possess or passport.
- After the completion of the process, pay the Qatar Airways Name Correction Fee.
- After paying the respective fee for a name change, the airline will send you a confirmation mail on your registered mail ID from which the booking is made.
There are people who would prefer to avoid undergoing the name change procedure on an online platform. To help you in figuring out the issue, Qatar Airways gives you another option of Offline mode to Change Passenger Name On Qatar Airways.
- You can connect to the customer service provider at Qatar Airways through their toll-free helpline number available on the official website.
- To complete the necessary changes, provide the agent with a 6-digit reference number or 13-digit ticket number to proceed with the process.
- Connect to the agent and ask him to proceed to correct the last, first, and middle names. The correction can be made up to three characters and up to this.
- Once done with the above process, pay the correction fee applied to the name change process by Qatar Airways. The airline may apply fare difference. You will be provided with a reissued ticket by the airline.
- Therefore, once the payment is made, you will receive a confirmation mail from the airlines on the registered mail ID.
- Another way to move ahead in the name change policy is by visiting the airport and interacting with the airline’s staff for respective issues.
- If the name change request is placed within 24 hours of the booking date, you will have to pay $150.
- For changing the misspelled legal first and middle name, you require to provide legal documentation proof to the airline.
- Subject to fare rules and availability, a new PNR is to be booked and reissued in the same or lower-class ticket.
- If you exceed the name change request within 24 hours of booking, you will have to pay $250. You can correct up to three characters in your last, first, and middle name under Qatar Airways Name Change Policy.
The Qatar Airways are non-transferable tickets. You cannot swap or transfer the Qatar Airways ticket to another customer. There is no freedom to do so. If you want to transfer or swap the ticket with other passengers, then you need to cancel your current booking. This will allow you to book or make a new reservation under Qatar Airways. It will even help you in receiving a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
With respect to the transportation administration, your boarding pass and the government-authorized ID must have the same name. Qatar airline will not allow you to travel if the name doesn’t match with each other.
If you go for a name change within 24 hours of the time of booking, Qatar Airways will charge you $150. At the same time, the airline will charge $250 if you exceed the time limit of 24 hours from booking time.
There are two main types of name change modes: Online and offline modes.
Online mode: The mode asks you to make a name change possible by visiting the official website of Qatar Airways.
Offline mode: You can proceed to name change on Qatar Airways by visiting the airline’s helpline service counter at the airport and by connecting to the customer service provider through a phone call.
Yes, you can go for a name change after marriage. Therefore, all you need to do is provide the airlines with an original marriage certificate to support your request to a name change process.
The passengers can legally alter their first, middle, and surname by simply submitting the legal documents. You can seek help from the customer service providers to proceed with the respective name change policy.
All you need to do is, add your first, last, and middle name as it appears in your travel documents during the time of booking. The last name should not exceed the character limit of 50. According to the name change policy, if the name is finalized, it can always be retained.
There are no details mentioned for a free name change procedure. For more such queries, contact Qatar Airways customer service. You can either call them via the helpline number, which is toll-free, or you can mail them.
What are documents necessary for name correction?
Travelers should submit the following documents for validating name correction.
- Legal ID proof.
- Marriage certificate.
- Divorce certificate.
- Court orders.