You must have been through situations when your reservation with United Airlines by mistakenly went wrong. You misspelled the name on your ticket, and you probably want to know the procedure to correct it. With other Airlines, it might be the most tiring job to do, but with United Airlines, things are different. United Airlines provide you with the best solutions to change or correct your name on the ticket. United Airlines Name Change Policy will help you to figure out the procedure to change the misspelled name on your ticket.
The procedure of changing the name on the ticket is very simple and easy. But first, you have to read the policy thoroughly and get to understand the points. Let’s start by going through the name change policy of United Airlines.
United Airlines Name Change Policy 2023 – Key Points
You can only go for a name change procedure with accurate information regarding the policy. You need to read out the rules of the policy. There is a procedure to change the misspelled name only if you fulfill the below criteria. The United Airlines Name Change Policy states the following;
- The changes in the passenger’s name can be done if United Airlines operate the flight.
- You have permission to go for a change name policy if the flight is flown by United Airlines and the tickets are bought using a codeshare.
- United Airlines permits you to reissue the tickets after going for any changes to your passenger name without any charges.
- You will have to pay extra charges or other fees if you want to make any additional name change to your United Airlines reservation.
- There is no freedom to change the flight’s date, time, fare, and class under United Airlines Name Change Policy.
- You cannot modify or change gender or date of birth while proceeding with the name change process under United Airlines.
- You have permission to change the date of birth if you have an incorrect flight reservation on United Airlines.
- United Airlines allows passengers to go for only one change or correction on the ticket; you have to pay some extra for additional changes.
United Airlines Ticket Name Change: What Are the Conditions?
United Airlines allows you to change the name under United Airlines Name Change policy, but you must know when to go as per the policy. Here are some rules and regulations you must remember before going for united airlines name correction. Let’s discuss the criteria one after the other.
- Your misspelled name on the ticket can go for the change name policy only if you have a reservation with United Airlines.
- Under United Name Change Policy, if you want to change your name on the ticket, you must pay $75 on the same day of the purchase.
- If you cannot make the changes within 24 hours, then you will have to pay an extra charge of $200.
- You can reissue your ticket after making the changes without paying any extra charges.
- The Airlines allow you to make changes once, and you will have to pay a heavy amount for additional changes. It is vital to be conscious before going for a name change policy.
Making mistakes while booking a flight is normal. Correcting or changing becomes a little chaotic. United Airlines Name Change Policy helps passengers to change their incorrect names on the ticket. Let’s discuss the various types of name changes the airline undertakes.
If you made a minor or simple mistake while booking a reservation, such changes would not take a little of your time. You don’t have to go through any of the messy challenges. You can modify the following through the name change policy under United Airlines;
- First/Middle/Last Names changes.
- Nickname to Legal name conversion.
- Inverted Names Adding Middle name.
- You can modify the last name.
If you want to go for big or significant changes in your name on the ticket, you will have to go through a challenging process. For the process, you will have to submit a few mandatory documents depicting the reasons behind the significant name change.
The situations that need such documentation proof are Divorce or marriage, etc. You will have to submit the documents for the name change process to prove the marriage or divorce. Along with the papers, you have to present photo ID proof bearing the current and previous information.
There is no need to worry if you don’t possess the documents mentioned in the article. It is because United Airlines will help you to figure out things in such situations.You can apply for the name change process through an affidavit on your ticket. All these steps are accessible according to the United Airlines Name Change Policy. The airline will allow you to sign an affidavit, and the paper will be necessary for the name alteration. Passengers can generate a photo ID with the document or affidavit.
Stepwise Process for Modifying Names on United Airlines Ticket
The procedure to change the name on your tickets follows a few points. You have to go as per the points during the name change process on the United Airlines ticket.
- First, go to the web search engine and search for United Airlines official website.
- After visiting the official website of United Airlines, you will find the ‘ Manage My Booking’ option on the home page.
- Now select the ‘Manage My Booking’ option and go to the ‘Manage To Book’ section on the page.
- Enter the details individually, like your passenger’s name, etc.
- After finishing these details, go back to the booking details page.
- You will find an edit option on the page. Click on the ‘edit’ option can proceed to change the name.
- You will get online instructions to correct spelling mistakes during the name change process.
- Once done with all the changes, save the changes to the booking.
You can also choose the offline method and customer care service number instead of the online process. For the offline mode, you have to visit the airport to change the name on the ticket. The third option is to connect to the customer service helpline number and ask them to change their name on the ticket.
You must visit the official website of United Airlines to go through the fee structure of the name change policy. Now let’s check the fees structure;
- If you request a name change within one day of the reservation, the applicable charges will be $75 approximately.
- Therefore the fee will vary between $100 and $200 if you cross the time risk or 24 hours from departure.
- Now you know when to go for the name change process under United Airlines Name Change policy to exempt yourself from paying extra name change charges. For all the other queries you can contact the customer service helpline number. The agent will help you in figuring out the situation more accurately.
No, you cannot transfer the United Airlines ticket to another person. The airline doesn’t allow you to do so. Instead of looking to share the name with someone else, you can go for a cancellation flight policy. By going through the cancellation process, you might get a refund for the type of fare ticket you purchased. United Airlines doesn’t allow a name change process for economy class ticket bearers, but passengers possessing the ticket are eligible for a full refund of the fare. It would be possible to cancel before 24 hours of reservation.
Is there a limit to going for change on United Airlines tickets?
According to United Airlines’ name change policy, you can go for many changes. But the point is only one change is for free and more than that will charge you some extra fee. The fare charges can be according to the fare difference of the ticket type.
How to change the name on a United Airlines ticket?
You can go for a change in name process by visiting the official website of United Airlines. Afterward, go to the section to manage your reservation on the website. Fill in the details and edit the changes you want. Look for my name change in the ‘Manage My Booking’ section. Then proceed to pay the charges for the change.
What all documents do we need to go for significant changes on United Airlines?
The documents that are mandatory for you to carry are;
- Divorce Decree (original)
- Original marriage certificate
- Documents required for a legal name change
- Government-authorized identification proof certificate.
Does United Airlines require a middle name on the ticket?
No, there is no need for your middle name on the ticket. You must go under clear security check whether the secure flight passenger information does match the personal information provided to the airlines at the time of booking.
Does United Airlines Allow name changes?
Yes, you can go for the name change policy on United Airlines if you mistakenly misspelled your name on the ticket. You will get an allowance if you go for a name change within 24 hours of purchasing your booking.
What is the cost of transferring a United Airlines ticket?
United Airlines doesn’t allow passengers to transfer their tickets. However, in a few situations like Death or illness, the airline allows the transfer at charges of $125 to $500, depending upon the fare type.
Can I change the name on International United Airlines Ticket?
According to the United Airlines Name Change Policy, passengers are allowed to change their name irrespective of the class ticket type and fare type. But an individual needs to change the name before 24 hours of their departure.
How to request the United Airline Name change process?
- You can do it by visiting the MileagePlus account profile.
- You can do it by uploading a copy of the supporting document of United Airlines.
- You can connect to the customer service agent.
What are the simplest modifications under United Airlines Name Change policy?
The simplest modifications under United Airlines Name Change Policy are;
- Spelling error corrections in the name.
- Prefixing the name
- By adjusting the name, username, etc.