If you have a mismatched name on the flight ticket, then you are in trouble. According to the norms of the aviation industry, you cannot board a plane with a mismatched name on your plane ticket and government ID. The same rule applies to Allegiant Air. Flying on Allegiant Airlines is very pocket-friendly. But, it is strict about the wrong name on the flight ticket. However, passengers can take benefit of the Allegiant Airline Name Change on ticket service in case of misspelled.
In the following blog, we will discuss:
- Allegiant Airlines Name Change policy.
- Type of name changes.
- Name change fees.
- The process to change the name on Allegiant tickets and more
Here are the key points that a passenger should understand before requesting for Change Name on Allegiant Airline Ticket.
- The flight tickets with stock number 014 are eligible for name change corrections.
- Only flights operated and marketed by Allegiant Air allow the benefit of the name change on tickets.
- But in the case of codeshare flights, the Allegiant segment is only valid for the name change. The passenger has to contact another airline to rectify the name.
- No other changes, such as date change, destination, or departure change, are allowed during the name correction.
- Allegiant allows changing the name on the ticket only once.
- On the other hand, reward flight tickets are ineligible for a name change.
- Allegiant Airlines does not allow transferring of tickets to another person.
- Once you make the necessary name changes, Allegiant will reissue your ticket.
- When making a name change, the most restrictive ticket penalty would be applicable if your booking includes numerous flight segments.
- In the event of a legal name change to a married or maiden name, divorce, or any other legal duty, passengers must provide valid documents.
- Allegiant Airlines allows change of name on tickets for both refundable and non-refundable fares.
- Allegiant allows online name changes for non-restricted fares.
- In case of restricted fares, passengers have to visit the airport counter or call the airline’s representative for name correction.
- Passengers having Flex fare can change the name up to 1 hour before scheduled departure.
There can be different errors in a name. It can be either in the first name or the last name. Allegiant Air allows the correction of the name with ease. The passengers can make the following name change on the Allegiant ticket.
Remove or Add the Middle Name
Passengers can add a middle name to their flight ticket. However, they must provide valid ID proof to support the same. In case they are willing to remove the middle name, they are free to do so.
Another amendment in a name a passenger can make is to add a title, suffix, or prefix in their name. Allegiant will reissue the ticket once you pay the Allegiant Name Change fees.
Allegiant allows the addition of up to four characters in the first, middle, or last name. Thus, if a passenger has misspelled his/her name, they can add the right characters to correct their name. However, the passenger has to pay the name change fees.
Allegiant provides multiple ways to resolve the concerns of the passenger. It is the same with the name correction also. Passengers can utilize both online and offline modes to request a name change on Allegiant flight tickets.
Here are the simple steps to change the name through the official website of Allegiant Air.
- Firstly, go to the official website of Allegiant Air.
- Navigate to the ‘My Trips’ section on the top menu.
- You will be directed to a new page. Here, enter the booking reference number and the last name of the passenger.
- You will have the flight details on the screen.
- Select the passenger whose name you want to modify or rectify.
- Enter the right name. Ensure to make corrections according to the Allegiant Airlines name change policy.
- Upload the valid ID proof.
- Pay the Allegiant Air name change fees.
- After the payment, you will receive a confirmation on the registered email.
One of the common methods to reach out to the Allegiant executive is via call. If you have misspelled your name on a flight ticket or want to add your last name, then calling the executive is a reliable option. Here are the steps for contacting Allegiant to change the name on the ticket via call.
- Firstly, call +1 (702) 505-8888.
- Then, follow the IVRS instructions to get in touch with the Allegiant Airlines executive.
- After that, request the executive to correct the name on the flight ticket.
- The executive will ask for flight details.
- Share the booking reference number and passenger’s last name to fetch the booking details.
- Once the booking details are retrieved, the representative will ask for the correct name.
- Share the right name.
- After that, the executive will ask for processing fees to finalize the process.
- Pay the applicable charges.
- The executive will complete your request, and you will receive a confirmation by email.
If you want to change the passenger name on Allegiant Air at the last moment, then the last resort is visiting the airport desk. It is also a good option in case you hold a restricted fare. You can visit the airport and find out about the Allegiant Air counter. On the counter, request the airline’s executive to make the necessary corrections in the name. Share the flight details with them and provide the correct name. Pay the name change fees at the desk to complete your request.
Allegiant request its passengers to complete the name change on the ticket up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure. However, if you have already completed the check-in, you need to cancel it and alter the ticket status to ‘open’ to proceed with the name change request.
Whether you own a restricted or non-restricted fare, you have to pay additional fees for making changes to the name on your flight ticket. However, if you make the name corrections in the risk-free period, i.e., within 24 hours of booking a flight ticket, then there will be no charges.
|Type of Name Change||Fees|
|Adding suffix/prefix/title||75 USD + additional charges|
|Add or remove a middle name||75 USD + additional charges|
|Spelling correction (up to 4 characters)||75 USD + additional charges|
The airline charges a base fee of 75 USD for name corrections. The fees can vary up to 175 USD depending on the route and type of ticket. However, passengers with Fles tickets are not liable to pay any name correction fees.
No, Allegiant Air strictly prohibits the transfer of ownership of the flight ticket to another person’s name. According to the TSA guidelines, passengers must have the same name on the ticket as on their valid ID proof. Thus, Allegiant allows then name correction, but it does not allow the changing of the original traveler. Under the name change policy of Allegiant, passengers cannot change their DOB and gender also.
Can I change names on an Allegiant flight?
Yes, Allegiant Air allows changes in the name on flight tickets. You can make changes to the last or middle name. You can also make spelling corrections.
Can I make a name correction on my reward flight bookings?
According to the Allegiant Airlines name change policy, passengers are not allowed to make name corrections or changes in reward flight bookings.
How much is the Allegiant Air name change fee?
Allegiant Air charges a minimum of $75 for changing the name on the flight ticket. The fees can go up to $175 depending on the type of fare and route.
How to avoid Allegiant Air name change fees?
Travelers can avoid the name change fee if they modify it within 24 hours of booking a flight. They can also avoid the fees if they hold a Flexi fare.
What are the ways to change the name on Allegiant flight tickets?
Passengers can call the airlines at +1 (702) 505-8888 to request a name change. They can also visit the official website and navigate to the Allegiant manage my booking section to amend the name. Lastly, they can go to the airport desk to submit a request for a name change.
What are the necessary documents required for the name change?
The airlines request its passengers to provide valid ID proof in case of nance corrections.
- Passport or driving license
- Marriage certificate in case of name change due to marriage.
- Divorce decree or court orders for a name change due to divorce.
Can I make name corrections even after check-in?
Yes, Allegiant allows name changes ever after check-in. You have to cancel your Allegiant Air check-in and change the status to open. After that, you can process your request for a name change.
How long before the flight can I make changes to the name?
Allegiant Airlines allows up to 3 hours before scheduled departure to request a name change on tickets. However, Flex ticket holders can change their name up to 1 hour before departure.
Are there any limitations in changing the name on Allegiant flight tickets?
Yes, Allegiant Air limits the corrections to up to four characters. So, if you have misspelled your name on the booking, you cannot amend more than four characters.
Can I make an online request for a name change on the Allegiant flight?
You can make name corrections through the official website if you hold a non-restricted fare. But, if you hold a restricted fare, then you have to call the airline to make name corrections to your ticket.