Have you booked your ticket with United Airlines and now facing a problem due to a few mistakes in your name printed on your tickets? Or your name is misspelled on your tickets? No issues, as you have landed on the right platform. In this blog, you will know all about United Airlines name change policies, procedures, charges, etc.
United Name Change Policies – Term & Condition
- As per United name change policy you can make minor changes to your name.
- With United Airlines you are bound not to change the owner of the ticket.
- There will be charges for the change you make on the tickets.
- Changes within 24-hours you have to pay approx. $75.
- The Changes after 24-hours will be charged a maximum of up to $120.
Types of United Airlines Name Change
- Basic Name Changes
- The first name’s spelling correction (e.g., John to Jon)
- Secondly, the last name’s spelling correction (e.g., Rovinsons to Robinson)
- Thirdly, prefix correction (Miss to Ms.)
- Modification in the middle term (Jon Richard Ennis to Jon R. Ennis)
- Last name and first name switch (e.g., Jonas R. Nick to Nick R. Jonas)
These changes are usual and do not require any proof or affidavits to initiate changes.
- Complex Name Changes
However, to ensure the security of Mileage Plus holders, the name change should be done in handwritten form. Following with at least a copy of your government-issued id:
- Firstly, marriage proof.
- Divorce certificate.
- Then, legal Name Change Proof/ affidavit.
- And finally, the Government-issued id proof of name change.
Also Explore: Southwest Airlines Name Change
United Airlines Name Change Fee
- United Airlines has disposed of its name change and cancelation charges for United Airlines economy class, economy plus, business, and premium plus domestic tickets.
- However, for other international flights, there are certain charges for making changes or cancelation of your tickets. This may charge up to $400 depending upon the change or cancelation date, type of change, and type of tickets.
- So, if you are one of the Mileage Plus members, then you can enjoy exceptional benefits and may also confirm your choice of seat without any charges.
- Although, you cannot make any changes to the non-refundable tickets. But you can cancel and rebook a ticket for yourself.
Read Out ” Cancel United Flight | Policies and Processes” for stress free trip.
When is United Airlines Name Change Effective?
United Airlines’ name change policy consists of a few below-mentioned pointers;
- Firstly, if there is a need for correction in the first name of the passenger.
- In addition, if there is a spelling correction.
- If you want to change your nickname to the official name.
- Changes or modifications in the title or first name.
- Then you can even make changes to your middle name.
- First name and last name switch or vice-versa.
- You can only make changes up to three characters in your name.
- The full name of the passenger does not change under United Airlines Policy.
- Lastly, for making any changes in the title, you must show a valid Government id as proof.
If you require any criteria mentioned above, you can make the changes through the online procedure.
Read out ” United Airlines Manage Booking”
United Airlines Name Change Procedure
United Airlines provides you with various easy and simple steps as mentioned below;
- The online process to change;
- Contacting your travel agent;
- Calling on the customer care no;
- On ticket counters;
- Via e-mail; and,
- By directly messaging on official social media handles.
United Airlines Name Change – Easy Ways
- Online Name Change
Firstly, if you have booked your tickets online, you can make the changes in your name through an online process.
- Then visit the official website of United Airlines and click on the Manage booking tab.
- There you will find an option of changing the reservation tab.
- Enter your PNR number and passenger’s name.
- On the next page, you will see the booking details.
- Finally, edit your name and make the required changes there.
And, it is done.
Note; keep in mind that you can make changes only up to three characters and not more.
- Requesting your travel agent for the name change
If you have booked your tickets from any travel agent, they have misspelled your name. No need to panic; you can call your travel agent and request them to make the required changes for you.
- Making a call on the customer care number
You can even contact United Airlines through their customer care number 1-800-864-8331 and ask them to make the changes to your tickets.
- On ticket counters
If you booked your tickets from any counter, then you may go and ask the staff to make the change for you.
- Name change via E-mail
Drop an e-mail to the customer care id of United Airlines for initiating the required changes to your name.
- Social Media DMs
Send a message on the official social media platform regarding the changes to your name.
Yes, it is this simple to make the changes in your United Airlines ticket.
Q1. How can I contact United Airlines?
You can get in touch with the United Airlines expert by visiting their official website or calling on a toll-free no. at 1-800-864-8331 or making a request to your agent.
Q2. Can we transfer our airline ticket to someone else?
No, United Airlines do not allow their customers to transfer their tickets or change their entire name and details to someone else. Therefore, it is advised to cancel and rebook a fresh ticket.
Q3. How much does it cost to change your name on United Airlines?
Name change on United Airlines can cost from $75-$400. The difference in the amount of change fee depends on the type of ticket you hold, time your change, type of change, etc. For more information refer to the above-mentioned information or visit United’s official site.
Q4. Can you change the name on a United Airlines ticket?
Yes, with the United Airlines name change policy you can change your name up to three characters. For more info refer to the above-mentioned information.
We hope all your related quarries are clear after reading this article. In case of more information check our related blog.